Most bus conversions and RVs are designed as an attempt to
fit all the comforts of home in a long rectangle.
I'd rather have space then stuff
so I'm going to have a mostly open layout, after giving away most
of the junk I own.
Having said that, here's my somewhat unconventional 'open bus' layout:
Figure 1.2a: Top View
- The bed folds down from the wall, leaving valuable floor space.
- The futon folds down to a couch, then down to a spare bed
- The computer desk mostly folds up against the wall.
- The theater screen comes down from the ceiling.
- The shower is a walk-in with 2 nozzles - and the stone walls fold
into the side of the bus.
- I haven't figure out exactly where the closet space will go.
- The kitchen will actually probably be "L" shaped leading up to
the shower on the "top" (drivers) side, and the toilet will be on the
opposite side with an incinerating tank (no black water required!)
Figure 1.2b: Cargo Bay Layout
- The center grey rectangle is where the center channel loses some
of the cargo bay headroom.
- Not shown: Space near engine where original chemical toilet
tanks were (will be black water space).
- Unplanned space: Plumbing in the third bay.
- Unused space: A/C bay and heater radiator.
- Unused space: About 1/4th of Veggie Oil bay is still available.
Figure 1.2c: Roof Layout
This is what is currently installed on the roof, for helping me plan
out what panels to buy and where to put the deck, etc..
Figure 1.2d: Bus Side Layout
- The bus shown is an old transit bus, so the outline isn't right.
- I will probably have a hatch/sunroof on one side with a ladder on
the interior bus wall.
- There will be some deck surface on top, maybe some storage as well,
but I want the top to be mostly flat.
- Solar panels in the back - I've allotted more space than needed.
- This side view is for a transit bus - I will probably have less
cargo space than shown.
What is not shown:
- Garage space for my car (small trailer?)
- Closet space
- Stereo/video equipment.
- Satellite for networking (roof)
- A/C Units (roof)
- Other stuff I haven't thought of yet.